A reminder that the Town Board Meeting cancelled last week due to weather will be held tonight, 7:00 pm, at the Town Hall.
A draft agenda can be viewed here.
Hope to see you tonight!
Tonight's Town Board meeting has been cancelled due to weather and rescheduled for Monday, February 17th at 7:00 pm.
We just received the latest National Weather Service briefing and it looks like we're in for a good bit of snow tomorrow into Friday. Here's the latest information:
- Snow should begin early tomorrow morning (around 5 am)
- Conditions will deteriorate as we move toward late morning and early afternoon
- The evening commute tomorrow will be slow and hazardous
- The heaviest snow will fall overnight into the pre-dawn hours of Friday
- Snow should not be wet enough to bring down tree limbs/power lines
- Total accumulations 10"-14" are expected.
If you don't have to be on the roads tomorrow, please don't be.
The Claverack Fire Department was called to the old Claverack School/temporary Columbia County Courthouse this morning for a fire alarm activation. Upon arrival, fire department and Hudson City School officials found the cause to be a malfunctioning boiler. A new (temporary) boiler is being installed today and the building is expected to be open tomorrow as usual.
Claverack Town Planning Board Meeting
Monday, February 10th - 7:00 pm
Claverack Town Hall (836 State Route 217)
I wanted to make you aware that Columbia County Public Works Commissioner David Robinson is scheduled to appear at the February 10th meeting of the Claverack Town Planning Board to provide an overview and update on the Pine Haven Nursing Home project. I plan to attend and invite you to do the same.
The forecast is calling for moderate to heavy snow most of the day tomorrow. With that said, the Claverack Town Office and Town Court will be closed tomorrow, February 5, 2014.